No-Hooks OnTarget enables the expanded capability to run customized code in place of selected RAM variables or existing code on the Electronic Control Unit under test, also called the Target. In the No-Hooks tradition, there is no need for access or modification of the ECU source code; all that is needed is the ECU executable and description files.
The real benefit of the No-Hooks OnTarget is that the code actually runs in-line with the rest of the original code directly on the target ECU with no latency. Activating the bypass code requires only a branch instruction which takes virtually no time. As with any No-Hooks application, both the base strategy and the bypass model can be fully calibrated within VISION and the bypass model enabled and disabled with just a simple mouse click. This allows easy comparisons between the base and the prototype strategy.
OnTarget was designed to make use of Simulink® models to develop these alternative bypass designs. Simulink is a platform for simulation and Model-Based Design from The MathWorks. No-Hooks OnTarget includes the appropriate Simulink block sets for bypass development and supports the free GNU compiler for C-code generation.
- Ideal for prototyping and testing of new closed-loop functions where no additional I/O is required.
- In The MathWorks Simulink®, generate your own bypass models which run in real-time using spare ECU resources, with no latency in data transfer from strategy to bypass model.
- No need to access or modify the ECU source code, only the ECU executable and description files are needed.
- Full integration with VISION. Both the base strategy and the bypass model are calibratable simultaneously.
- Harnesses the modeling abilities of Simulink combined with the calibration support of VISION.
- With one click, easily switch between base strategy and bypass functionality for comparison.