|No-Hooks is ATI's innovative software-centric method of rapid prototyping. No-Hooks software can provide Electronic Control Unit (ECU) algorithm rapid prototyping functionality on the production-intent ECU without the need to access or re-program any ECU code. This can be achieved using only the files you use for day to day calibration activities and no additional hardware. The patented No-Hooks technology offers software rapid prototyping features without the high cost of external bypass hardware, extra Hardware-in-the-Loop boxes or expensive (and time consuming) code changes.
The key advantage to using ATI's No-Hooks is the opportunity to conduct development and/or test of your control algorithm development ideas or functionality on existing hardware. Any No-Hooks proven development on your target ECU will be closer to production intent, will require significantly less validation time and result in saved time and money.
No-Hooks offers two levels of functionality:
- Base No-Hooks: change control variables in the ECU's RAM that are normally only viewable or measureable.
- No-Hooks OnTarget: integrate bypass models with production ECU executables without any modifications to the ECU source code and run the new algorithms on the production-intent ECU.
In addition, No-Hooks functions with ATI's VISION software. Take advantage of ATI VISION's simple yet intuitive user interface. As an integrated part of VISION you can also simultaneously use other VISION applications such as calibration and data acquisition all within the same application.
No-Hooks Benefit Overview:
- Lower cost than hardware solutions (only requires software and engineering time).
- No-Hooks software functionality is independent of the ECU interface
- Base No-Hooks, No-Hooks OnTarget and No-Hooks Programmer's toolkits use the ECU's own resources.
- Access to the ECU is provided using a traditional calibration tool such as ATI VISION; no special or custom ECU interface is required, saving you time and capital outlay.
- Algorithm design and development via No-Hooks can be conducted on production intent hardware, providing a high-confidence result.
- No need for new ECU code, eliminating delays and cost for iterative changes between groups or companies.
- Allows calibration, data acquisition, post analysis and software rapid prototyping in the same application; all of which takes advantage of VISION's easy GUI interface.
- Purchase only the functionality needed.
- Cost effective fleet and durability testing of new algorithms.
- Use the ECU hex image generated by No-Hooks to flash as many targets as you want at once. There is no need to buy an expensive hardware for each test system as you would when using hardware bypass.
- Utilizes a free GNU compiler.